Monday, August 23, 2010

Super Golfer and Proud Momma

Noah started golf lessons last night, which was very exciting for us all, and certainly a test to as how well we've raised our children.

It was the first time Noah's been in any sort of paid, controlled, learning environment where I wasn't in charge and that he had to perform and behave. It was very interesting to me to watch him, watch how he obeyed, listened, followed instructions given by another adult, etc. To my surprise, compared to the other children, he did quite well. Minus the occasional outburst (I think just out of excitement), he made me proud. I was telling Paul, however, who had to miss it as he was at a golf competition 2 hours away, that we need to work on Noah's humility.

When there was a kid struggling or learning, he would randomly burst out "here, I can show you" or "I know how to do that!"...which was less than desirable in my eyes. I want him to be able to say "you can do it!" and "would you like help?" instead of exhibiting that he's a know it all and displaying his show-off personality at every turn. So that was an eye-opener for me and will be something we work on.

But overall, he listened to authority quite well and we will hopefully see some improvement on the rest.

Kennady was another experiment for me. This was the first event that she had to sit out and watch as Noah got to enjoy. I had explained to her a lot earlier that this was Noah lesson and that she would have hers one day as well. She seemed to take that okay enough as she did sit nicely with me for the majority of the time.As one kid ended up having to be taken home for his inability to follow directions and listen, Kenna got to finish off his ball of buckets while the others were being taught how to use their irons. So she wasn't completely left out, which made it a win-win situation for both.

I'm a proud Mama today! There's definitely room for improvement, but it's very comforting to me to know that I am doing a good job ... along with a lot of strength and patience from God! :)

Here are some pictures -


Noah and Kennady, Mommy loves you to DEATH!!!

PS - of all the kids, Noah was BY far the BEST golfer out there, thus my lack of excitement about his actual skill. Paul has worked a lot on teaching him about golf, so I was more interested in the social aspect of his lesson. But he is definitely a GREAT golfer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment