Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend +

Well today we're not so funky!

This is the second time since we've been home that our air conditioner has stopped working! If you know us, you know that in January our furnace went out, leaving us in a freezing cold house, resulting in our house fire which led us to this new house. Now our air is out, our house is upwards of 90 degrees and I'm wondering what's the outcome of THIS!

I hope our new landlord seizes the moment and fixes our air once and for all, instead of just trying to fix it up. It's dead guy, just replace it! So far he seems nicer than our other landlord (from the burnt house) so I'm hoping this isn't a sign.

Other than being in a sweldering hot home, that doesn't brighten my mood ANY, especially when I already woke up extremely tired! The kids woke up on the wrong side of the bed, Kenna decided to THROW her bowl of cereal, has refused to go in the potty, and Noah just wants what he wants.

I'm starting to think I'm going crazy!

Father's Day yesterday was probably least to be desired by Paul as we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. After church, we went out for pizza and Paul took Noah golfing while Kenna and I went swimming and home for naps. After golfing and our naps, we went to Community Group for church and once that was over, I left with a friend for some catch-up time while Paul took the kids out to Quiznos and Ben&Jerry's for dessert!

I told Paul that I was just giving him time alone with the kids to spend being a good Father :) At least that was my way of justifying leaving him on Father's Day. They had fun though even if he won't admit it, and the kids enjoyed the time with him as well.

So all in all, decent weekend ... now if we could just get our house below 85 degrees, I will be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment