Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Discipline, Ravioli and Baldness

Today was very eventful - and we embraced every moment of it!

Along with the help of a friend of mine, whose 4 boys are the most well behaved kids I've ever seen, I decided that my kids are way to rebellious and defiant and it needed a change. So she taught me a new way of discipline that already on day 1 has shown tremendous results. I don't need to go into detail, but I must say, I understand why her kids are so good now! It was a whirlwind in the beginning, but I feel if I can keep it up, their attitudes and behavior will turn around 95% - they're still OUR children after all :)

The kids had such a blast playing with the Lykosh boys and we are already excited about our next playdate!

Amy taught me all about eating healthy, and I welcomed every bit of advice. She even helped me go through my fridge and explained to me why each item (and I mean almost EVERY item) was not good for us. I've been trying to figure out how to get the whole family on a better eating schedule and pattern and this helped a lot!

We also had some VERY good conversation about marriage, kids, God ... overall, it was great to say the least to have someone much wiser than me give me some direction.Then, after much needed naps and some playtime, I made dinner! In my quest to eat better, this meal certainly was a step in the right direction -

I call it "the new Ravioli" :)


While the pasta was cooking, I cooked up some spinach. Once the spinach was complete, I added a can of diced tomatoes. Once that was heated, I mixed it together with the pasta, covered it with cheese and baked it at 350 until the cheese melted.

While the kids ate it very hesitantly, I was surprised at how much I didn't mind the tomatoes, which I'm not a big fan of. It turned out REALLY well! Go me :)

After dinner, I decided Noah's luekemia patient haircut was well overdue. So ... here it is -


2 thumbs up today :) Can we have another wonderful day tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment