Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Fad

Today I went grocery shopping with a list complete with 2 weeks worth of meals! First time ever folks ... but it is SO comforting to know that for TWO WHOLE WEEKS we don't have to come the grocery store for anything besides maybe milk and diapers!

I had been just buying random things when at the store, for meals that I never had any plans of making, always forgetting something! I was at the store THREE times last week ... NOT fun! So I'm trying this whole menu planning thing ... this is my little template (I'm so proud!) -

Hopefully this will ease what I like to call the Fritz Family Rush Hour - the hour the family is all together on the nights I work, which usually includes me running around trying to get dinner on the table, the kids to pick up and a second for me to update Paul on the day and any rules I've set for the kids, along with any chores I'd like him to help me out with ... whew!

My hope is that I can have most the meals already made or frozen so that at dinner time, before I leave, it's already made, in the process of being made and Paul will know exactly what he needs to do.

Then at the end of the week, just make up next weeks menu along with any groceries I might need and take that to the store, get what I need and restart ... seems pretty simple to me now! Haha wish I got this concept awhile ago. But we'll see how it goes, with me it's future isn't guaranteed, but at least I'm trying :)

Here are some of the things I plan to make and put on the menu (and maybe I'll post about em and the process, if you're lucky!) -

Chicken pizza
M.I.L. meatballs and green beans
Sloppy joes, baked beans and tater "tops"
Chicken broccoli bake
Tacos
Chicken meatballs, noodles and peas
My "special" burgers and fries
Chicken casserole
Chicken croissants and green beans
Chipotle pork chops, corn and mashed potatoes
Breadcrusted ravioli and garlic toast
Spaghetti and meatballs

You see most meals include a chicken base - Paul once asked me if I could make something other than chicken so I had to REALLY get creative! haha I can't help it, I like chicken!!!

Keep an eye out, perhaps if I have public pressure, I'll actually keep up with this ... wish me luck!

____________


Here's what we've been doing in our fun time -


Notice the "K" - that's Kenna ... SHE GOT A STRIKE!!! Go her!
(We went bowling with the kids' twin friends ... they had a blast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment