Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Week in the Life

Our week has been exciting so far, so I thought I'd share!

Monday...ok Monday wasn't, but moving on lol!

Tuesday, we went to a friend's farm. It was a good learning experience for the kids, they got to experience lots of cool new things. Kenna got to hold 2 baby chicks in her little hands, it was precious. We got to feed their pigs the innards from a goat they killed the night before, that was interesting...the kids didn't really think so however haha. Kenna also collected 2 eggs from the chickens, which she was SO excited about, she kept saying "I got 2 eggs Mommy" for the rest of the day and now anytime we see eggs, she repeats that over and over. Noah was too busy running around with their 4 boys to really be too interested in the animals, but he did mention that he saw the cows and sheep and chicks. I'm sad I left my camera at home...there definitely would've been TONS of cute pics :)

Paul's been volunteering at a sportscamp our church is putting on, so we haven't seen much of him at all, but I get the hint he's just fine with that lol.

So Tuesday night, the kids and I went to the library ... I found out that you can have up to 75 books checked out at once. That's CRAZY! But very good to know haha but 21 is enough for us right now! The kids really love going to the library and getting to pick out their own books.

Wednesday, we went to the gym in the morning, which the kids love! It's a different environment and they have tons of things for them to do there. After the gym, we got a call from some friends from church asking if we wanted to go swimming with them. So we went home, got our suits, and headed over. The kids LOVE playing with friends they know, and Kenna really got into swimming by herself this time, which has been a struggle up until now. The floaties were a good purchase :)

Then home for some much needed naps. Dinner. Then we got a call from some other friends asking if we wanted to meet them at the downtown mall for some fun and ice cream. So that's just what we did.

Overall, we've been trying to keep a busy schedule. The kids love going out and doing things with friends or just getting out of the house in general. I'm glad I get to experience these things with them, hopefully it will generate some good memories for when they're older.

Next time, I'll remember my camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment